Monday, January 11, 2010

One Year

Yes, yes, I know... it's been a while. But I'm still here, and still loving Estonia. Like many of you in the blog world, Facebook has stolen my affection, at least for now. I don't know if posting today will herald a comeback to the blog, or if it's just a fluke, but at any rate, here I am.

I chose today to write a post because today we have been in Estonia for ONE YEAR!! Time has really flown by for us. We really like it here and feel absolutely at home; no wonder time has gone by quickly. We feel so blessed to have been put here, even if it is for a short time. I have learned and experienced new things and have met new people, all of which will have a lasting effect on my life. But God's will, will have us moving along to our next mission in life very soon. We will be returning to our country of origin and after having been gone for so long we are wondering if we might not experience culture shock! I'm sure my husband and I will be just fine but our kids will have a few adjustments to make. My son left America when he was 4 months old and when we return he will be 6 1/2 years, so everything will be new to him. He has asked me if they speak English there, and I don't think he can tell the difference between Yen, Shekels, Kroons, and Dollars, but we'll figure all that out too. I'm so very thankful that everyone in our family is a lover of travel and even moving, so there have been no very few complaints in this house.

I'm sure the next couple of months will keep me very busy with moving (and vacationing!), but I will try to post again soon!

9 comments:

HOPE said...

What an amazing ADVENTURE you all have had the past few years..and look how quick it does pass!

I can imagine all that you have stored in your heart and all the blessings you can recall during these times. I recall times you have shared of Safety of the LORD...provision...lonely times filled with a new friend...and noteworthy lessons from the LORD.

Can't wait to SEE you all IN PERSON!!

Hugs..
HOPE

Penny said...

It has gone by way too fast!! You have truly been a tremendous help and blessing. I'm so thankful that God sent you all here!!! But what will we do without you???

Rachel said...

Pam, thanks for "blogging" again. Hope you keep it up when you are in the states. What a joy it has been to get to know you and your family. In the short time we have known you, you have been a blessing to us. It's hard to believe that YOU and PENNY are leaving at the same time. Although I don't see you much, it will be different knowing you are not just a couple of hours away. I'll miss you...and your family.
~Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam!

It was nice to read another blog post.. :) Please do keep it up when you are in the States (at least every once in a while - for those of us who are behind and don't have facebook). :)

I thought it was funny when I read where HOPE commented "Can't wait to SEE you all IN PERSON!!". How many times did we say that before this past Saturday?? :-)

Hope you're still enjoying your vacationing! :)

Love,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it also your birthday this week?

Sorry fot the delay, Happy Birthday, Pam!

Missed your posts and online friendship. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello again!

Just wondering how you and your family are doing!

Love,
Jess

Tori Leslie said...

Hey wow, finally going home. I wonder, out of experience, if you will enjoy it as much as you have living abroad. I'm always a little disappointed when we finally make it back for furlough. On the other hand America is pretty great.
I know everyone will love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Pam,

It's me again. Just wondering how you and your family are doing! (oh wait, I just scrolled up and realized that's what I wrote the last time... oh well:) I hope you are all doing well!

Love,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Our family has lived in various places too. My husband used to say, "In the USA it is this way..." and when we finally got back there, it seemed strange and different to us. I trust you enjoy the transition. At times we feel more at "home" when living in the land where God has called us to serve!