I have learned some lessons lately, and I thought I would share my tips with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The bottom of the iron is hot. Your skin is susceptible to burns, and the iron does not care if that means your seam won't lay flat.
2. A glass dish straight from the oven is also hot. Using an excuse like, "my potholder slipped" will not make the dish have sympathy on you. Again, you are susceptible to burns. (See #1)
3. Running your hand along a piece of pinned fabric, in the direction of the pin tips is not a good idea, and will result in the loss of a section of skin and a need for a Band-Aid.
4. Using a seam ripper with the sharp end pointed towards the cuticle bed of your finger is risky business. Some stitches rip out fine, but the stubborn ones will show their orneriness by sending the ripper point into said cuticle bed and leaving you with yet another need for a Band-Aid.
5. When the doctor tells you to apply lotion to your skin every time you get it wet, he really means every time. Failing to obey simple orders will result in numerous painful cracks in your dry skin.
6. While cutting a bagel, listen to that little voice that's telling you, "Slicing bagels has become the leading cause for emergency room visits" and don't convince yourself that you are superhuman. It might save you the 2 inch gash between your thumb and finger and yet another need for a Band-Aid.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
Vernon Law
Vernon Law


5 comments:
Did you have to tell on ME!
Uh...do I not have TWO scars from reaching into the oven to remove something..only to find the upper rack is HOT and synging my arm!
My SIL...asked me.. "SO tell me?" ...looking at TWO scars in the exact same place on EACH arm.."What have you LEARNED?!"
lets see...pull rack out of oven FIRST to remove baked items!
(Please readers...DO not try to save time by not pulling out the rack!)
and...did I not just recently make a quilt with my love, labour and blood! I had it set with SHARP new straight pins...and saw a wrinkle and swept my hand over..forgetting the pins! OUCH...then I had to scramble for water to wash out the blood spot on my quilt! R* will appreciate the pain endured for her quilt!
Thanks for reminding me...it's not just ME! (or is it?)
Ouch...ouch ouch...
I sure know how it feels...in many ways...curling iron burns..etc...etc...
~~Deby
These all sound like things I have done or would do. I almost sewed my own finger the other day because I wasn't paying attention.
OUCH!!! I think I would be crying after all that!! :(
I'm not laughing at you, but that WAS funny. lol
Post a Comment