Monday, January 21, 2008

Keeping Busy

Practically all of my time this weekend has been devoted to sewing. I finished cutting out all of the pieces for my quilt wall hanging, and I wanted to start getting it sewn together.
Here's some pictures at various stages.


And here's the center of the quilt top. I love the optical illusion this gives. Do you see white stars, or green stars?
My next step will be to assemble and attach the borders, and then quilt. I'll post more pictures when I get to those stages.
I also have a large stack of clothing that needs to get sewn; some of it for our trip to Egypt that's coming up soon. And I have two "clients" that I'm doing some simple alterations for. Anybody know how to add a few extra hours onto my day? This coming week should be good for tackling some of these projects. Since today, Monday, is a holiday, my husband has off work, so we weren't going to do school. Then my birthday is also in this week, and I do NOT do school on my birthday (that's a present to myself). Since we were taking off two days this week anyway, I decided to grant the whole week a holiday! I love the flexibility of homeschool.

Yesterday at church we were pleased to see four visitors....two of those being Americans! It was a good day for them to visit too, because the Lord has recently blessed our church with some added comfort. Before, we had to sit through two hours on these hard benches.

Now we have these nice, new cushions......we are so much more comfortable!


One last thing for today........I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Hope! She's back from having her computer crashed for a few weeks, and she's added the next part of her story. I know it would be a blessing to anyone wanting to read how the Lord has blessed her life....and you can add a birthday wish while you're there!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stuff you're sewing looks great…and the new cushions at your church also look really nice and comfortable.

I'll definitely read Hope's post about her testimony, if it's only as half as interesting as yours was, it'll be worth it. :)

Din

~~Deby said...

i am so impressed..I was just thinking how I don't even know HOW to use one of those cutter things...with the special mat etc...everyone says they are easy......any suggestions...
Great job.
deby
I see WHITE Stars..
and whew...on the pews....they looked a little hard, before....

Heather said...

I LOVE the new quilt you are working on!! YOu are so talented Pam...have you gotten my box (one of them) yet????

HOPE said...

Thanks Pam for the B'day greeting..and inspiring others..I re'cd many blessings from them. Thank you all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAM..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAM Jan. 24!!

I pray your day is very very special..like you! GOD bless you...hugs and love from ME!

Grafted Branch said...

A little bird says it's your birthday! Happy Day, Pam!

~~Deby said...

(((HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGS))))
Deby