Sunday, August 24, 2008

Answered Prayers

Our church family has had so many answers to prayer lately! That's always exciting to see. One man has been faithful for many, many years; but he always comes alone. His wife, four daughters, and one son would not accept Jesus Christ. Two of the girls are already married, and the other 3 are teenagers at home, but getting ready to leave. He has been praying in earnest for the salvation of his family, always reminding us to pray for them as well. Well, just recently, the three children still at home all got saved!! AMEN! Two of them came forward today, asking to be baptized. I can only imagine how happy this man is, to know that his children have finally come to the Lord for salvation. If you think of it, please say a prayer for his wife and two older daughters. Along with these two that came today, a family of 4 also came forward. They had accepted Jesus Christ as their savior a few weeks ago and also came today asking to be baptized.

Our church is so small, in building size and attendance. Ordinarily, there are only 12 people, made up of three families (including ours). The weekend here goes on Friday and Saturday, so many people worked on Sunday and couldn't come to church. Recently though a Friday night service has been started that has seen as many as 30 new people in attendance. That's a full house!! It's exciting to see the church growing so much.

The last prayer answered was mine. In the past, the only children in church were mine and one little 2 yr old that only spoke Arabic. There was no Sunday School for them and my kids were starting to dread coming to church. I felt horrible for them and I didn't know what to do. I wasn't going to let them play or color or something to ease their boredom (it's good to make them learn to sit still for a while), but I didn't want them to hate church either. Today it was announced that since more children were beginning to come, a Sunday School class has been started for them! Finally, on the way home today I heard, "I can't wait for church next week!"

God is so good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear all the good news. What a blessing. I hope Sunday School is great for the kids next week.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! It is not easy for anyone to make a stand for Christ over here...Jew or Arab. Glad to see that God is working in our neighbors.

HOPE said...

Praise the LORD! I know how much this means to you and so happy for you.

I can imagine the joy of this man seeing his children make a decision..and knowing the affect it will have on his wife!

Can't wait to hear about the first Sunday School class with the kids!

Kristi said...

Aww, that last prayer answered touched a little close to home for me. It was a different situation, but we were in the same boat for a long time. I'm so glad the Lord is answering prayer. We sing an opening song at church that goes:

Oh yes, I know prayer changes things
Oh yes, I know prayer changes things
When I was out
on the stormy, raging sea
Well, I was lonely
and sick,
and full of misery
when along came my Saviour
and I know He rescued me
That's how I know
Yes, I know
prayer changes things!

~Kristi

~~Deby said...

What wonderful news to read this morning...(I am slowing down on blogging a bit)....God is good and boy what a blessing..in a land that needs more Christians...I am glad your children will be looking forward to going to SS again..
Deby
btw, we had a lady get saved on Sunday.