School started 3 weeks ago.... and we're already on our first break. Aaahh, the joys of homeschooling :) I planned it this way for our school year. It takes 3 weeks to complete a PACE (packet of accelerated Christian education), so we will have 3 weeks of school, and then one week off. That's the plan for now anyway; we'll see how it goes. So, this week we have off from doing school and we're cramming in all the fun stuff we can!
I have been attempting to get a good start on our Fall/Winter wardrobe. I have 2 dresses for myself cut out, and still need to cut out 2 more, plus a skirt. Then I need to cut out 2 jumpers and a dress for my daughter. Finally, of course, comes the sewing, but one step at a time. I plan to give a little extra effort to these items of clothing. Usually I do just what needs to be done to keep the clothing together and look decent. This time I plan on using more couture techniques such as bound buttonholes, and finishing my seams with something other than my serger. Plus I plan to do some hand embroidery on the dresses that are using plain fabrics. I'm excited about this one... I think they'll turn out really pretty. Of course, I'll be posting pictures along the way.
Today we all had a great day! On my last post I mentioned a new friend of mine whose husband works with mine. Today she called and we decided it would be great to get together, so she walked over to my house. The kids played together so well and got along wonderfully; we never heard a peep out of them, they just played and played. My friend and I had an excellent 3 hours talking, and talking, and talking! This lady is of like faith, with only a few minor differences in thinking, but nothing doctrinally amiss. We were able to be of so much encouragement to one another, it was such a blessing. At one point she even said, "I love being able to talk freely about God!" What a wonderful thing that is, isn't it? To be able to talk with a sister in Christ about the Lord whom we both love. Especially being here surrounded by many Jews and Muslims, our faith really has to be toned down, for our own safety. So to be somewhere that talking about Christ is not only accepted, but encouraged, is a wonderful feeling. After my time of isolation here, I don't think I'll ever take Christian fellowship for granted again! What a blessed gift from a loving heavenly Father.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I am sooo Happy about your meeting and getting to TALK your head off! LOL what a joy to know that you have this fellowship now.
Sounds like a busy time...
can't wait to see the clothing!
Hugs to all..
HOPE
What a blessing to have someone to chat about the Lord with! God sure is good. Enjoy your week off from school.
Taking a break from studying...
I know what you mean about getting to talk freely. Glad she is close enough for you to get together easily. BTW, any friend of my friend is my friend too!
Enjoy your break.
You have a wonderful missionary opportunity where you are, and God is so good to bring sisters into your life to freely speak of our Saviors love! So nice to find your blog!
What a wonderful blessing from above!
What a blessing for you to be able to have fellowship! We really do take so much for granted.
I am somewhat sewing challenged so I am VERY impressed at your industriousness and your plans for your wardrobe...look forward to seeing the results.
I miss the fellowship that we shared with Christians when we lived overseas...it was like a taste of Heaven...and was so REAL and so different from life here in the USA....I was just talking to someone about it last night....
Happy for you and a good friend...
~Deby
Post a Comment